Saturday 1 December 2012

New Review of Suspiciously Reserved

I'll be the first to admit I'm a bit obsessed with checking for new reviews of my books.  I decided to google the title of my latest publication, Suspiciously Reserved, and was delighted to find a new review on amazon.co.uk  Within the last year, Kindle has made my book available to readers in the UK, which had me very excited as two of my books are interpretations of Jane Austen's Emma and Pride and Prejudice.  Here is some of what Sarah Powell had to say:

"I liked Adkins' take on Jane, who comes across as likeable and long-suffering rather than too good to be true, while also remaining faithful to Austen's template. Frank and Jane's secret relationship is also touching, until the author falls prey to the familiar trap of apologising for Frank's behaviour after the reunion (in the original novel, he has no purer motive than simply wanting to have his cake and eat it!) Frank tells Jane, "It's far too soon to ask you to marry me. I sometimes wished we lived two hundred years ago, when this sort of thing wasn't so strange", which I thought was cute."

Powell had great recommendations for improvements to my novel as well as some heartwarming love for the book as well. I was especially pleased with this comment "I loved the scene where Emma and Knightley have their fight over Frank while playing a strenuous game of ice hockey on the Wii, with Jane listening distractedly in the background - very appropriate!" That is my favourite scene in the book as well.

Thank you so much to all of my readers who have posted reviews. It is truly a pleasure to hear what you think:)

Sarah Powell's review of Suspiciously Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment